We aspire to bring inspiration and a solid educational foundation to students in the Bay Islands of Honduras.
Partners in Education Roatan (PIER) aims to work with the Ministry of Education, local and national government, NGOs, patronatos, teachers, parents, students and other organizations to enhance the learning and social development of students within the Bay Islands by providing Bookmobiles, lesson planning, lending libraries, mentorship, virtual learning and the development of teachers and staff.
- Enhance the quality of education for students on the Bay Islands
- Work co-operatively with the Ministry of Education, local and national government, NGO’s, patronatos, teachers, parents, students, and other organizations to enhance learning opportunities for students within the Bay Islands
- Create a better educated workforce
- Effectively use technology to enhance student learning
- Implement a STEAM model classroom
- Develop strategies to encourage students on the island to pursue vocational training and/or higher education
- Emphasize bilingual language skills and island culture
- Enhance the skill set of current and future teachers
- Implement and support mentoring programs for young women to identify and overcome cultural and social barriers to the pursuit of higher education